Academy House (Bratt Mansion) - 205 N. Morris St. - Officers' residence for the Maryland Military Academy from 1848-1855. (Private Residence).
Barnaby House - 212 N. Morris St. - Built in the 1770's by Captain Richard Barnaby. Features pine woodwork, corner fireplace and handmade staircase. (Private residence).
Byberry & Calico - Moved to the grounds of Cutts & Case in the 1930's. Byberry is Oxford's oldest house, dating from 1695. the original structure is a typical early Oxford cottage. Calico, a Tudor style cottage was built in the early 1700's. (Private residence).
Grapevine House - 309 N. Morris St. - Built by John Willis in 1798. The grapevine in front of the house was brought to Oxford from the Isle of Jersey in 1810. (Private residence).
Oxford-Bellevue Ferry - N. Morris St. & The Strand - Believed to be the oldest privately operated ferry in the country. Started in 1683, service was discontinued after the American Revolution, was resumed in 1836, and has been in continuous operation since that time.
Oxford Custom House - N. Morris St. & The Strand - Built in 1976, the building is an exact replica of the first Federal Custom House built by Jeremiah Banning, the first Federal Collector of customs. Open weekends, April through late autumn.
Oxford Library - 101 Market St. - Founded in 1939 and on its present site since 1950 - the Oxford Library, Inc. strives to maintain the independent character that was its beginning. Staffed and operated by volunteers - it serves the community year-round with hrs. Mon. thru Fri. 10-4 and Sat. 10-noon. Visitors always welcome!
Oxford Museum - We our proud of our many treasures including old photographs, clothing, antique engines, boat building tools, models, paintings, furniture, documents, war items, Indian items, pottery, china, and waterman tools. The Oxford Museum has a unique gift shop of interesting gifts, books, and Oxford mementoes.
Robert Morris Inn - N. Morris St. & the Strand - The original structure, incorporated into the present inn, was the home of Robert Morris, Sr. Operated as River View House during the late 19th Century.
Tench Tilghman Monument - Oxford Cemetery, just outside town limits on Route 333. Grave of Colonel Tench Tilghman. Across the cove is Plimhimmon, home of Tilghman's widow, Anna Marie.
© 2007, Oxford Business Association. All rights reserved.